Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Best Pink Lemonade


I had about 1 3/4 cups lemon juice left over from an occasion, and I needed something to do with it. I contemplated making a lemon meringue pie, but since I just made my beach lime pie a few weeks ago, I decided against it.  It's super muggy outside, so lemonade sounded perfect!  












Best Pink Lemonade

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 8 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 4-5 drops red food coloring
DIRECTIONS
  • Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.
  • Remove seeds from lemon juice. In a pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and the remaining 7 cups of water. Squeeze 4-5 drops of red food coloring into lemonade and mix thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment