Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Blondies



Tomorrow is Halloween! I'm so excited, although I still don't have an entire costume yet. If anyone wants to donate one before tomorrow, please feel free! As of right now, I'm a cross between a dark angel and a vampire. Anyways, I am not a huge fan of blondies, but my blondie-loving friends declared this recipe a huge success. I thought they used to have blondie mixes at the store, so I went to check for y'all, but I couldn't find any. Also, if you wanted, you could alter the design of the Reese's Pieces to show a pumpkin, ghost, or anything Halloween-themed.






I mixed everything together in the saucepan to avoid piling up unecessary dirty dishes, and it worked fantastic! I'd suggest using a slightly deeper pan than I did though because I had to very carefully mix to avoid getting flour everywhere.









I arranged my Reese's pieces in rows, but feel free to arrange them however you like!



















Halloween Blondies
from Martha Stewart


  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for pan
  • 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
  • 1/4 cup each orange, yellow, and brown candy-coated chocolates (from a 12.6-ounce bag)
  • Ingredients
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; stir just until moistened. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange candies in 12 rows (2 rows per color, repeating once) on top of dough.
  • Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.



While browsing the internet, I came across several other recipes that are deliciously Halloween-themed, and I will probably be making some of them tomorrow!


Halloween Marshmallow Pops
Black Velvet Layer Cake
Super Easy Halloween Rainbow Cake
Skinny Chocolate Spiders & Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Jack-O-Lantern Apple Pie
Halloween Poison Cake
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment